Sunday, December 4, 2011

OH HEY GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS BLOG?!?! xD

First off I want to say sorry for not posting in forever. I’m just really terrible with keeping up with this blog with everything else in my life going on, but I do like to occasionally come back and post something for the people who are still following it. I suppose a little update on what has been going on in my life since my last post is in order so here it is. I’m currently going to University of Houston and taking classes here for my major in Geology (which might change to something else depending on a few things) and I’m living on campus until I move into an apartment close by which I need to find first. Also, I have been dealing with random other issues which would probably not be best to discuss here, but anyways I’m past them and I’m doing fine now.

Well along with dealing with IRL stuff I have also begun to write again, and just in time for NaNoWriMo which I participated in for a bit. I didn’t actually reach the 50,000 word goal which I set out originally for but I did end up writing more than I have ever before. The story I was working on for NaNoWriMo is currently at 14,590 words which ends up being around 28 pages which is incredible for me. I eventually just decided that I couldn’t write any more for the story since it was beginning to become more and more convoluted and I didn’t have the skill yet to write a story of the magnitude in which I was going for. This is why I started another one which I have currently at around 4,000 words with the same basic concepts from the original idea but with fewer characters, more characterization, more emotion, more dialogue, and just a simpler story which is much more comfortable for me to write at this moment in time. I’m deciding on whether or not to begin to post sections from both stories and others I have written this past month to the blog, so we will have to see about that.

Finally, I’m thinking about doing some reviews for games since I don’t really like the ones I see already out on the internet. For me when I play a game, I like to just have fun with it while truly appreciating what the game developers were going for which is why the current reviews for games like Minecraft (I’m looking at you TBG) annoy the hell out of me. Rather than focusing only on the negative aspects of a game while ridiculing the developers about how terrible the game is, I’m going to try to see what the game was going for and talk about its strengths along with the weaknesses to try and give a un-biased review. In the end however, the reviews I give might be a little biased just because I’m human and I like some things more than others and that might not jive with how other people feel. Just giving you guys a heads up regarding that.

So that’s that regarding my re-introduction into the blogosphere which I have been absent from for close to 10 months. Looking forward to writing stuff and having you guys give me feedback on the stuff I post.
-KLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment